Development Trust advertises new Gardener vacancy
Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre Development Trust has a new vacancy for a Community
17:44 Fri 23/04/2010
The vacancy arises after the government-funded Climate Challenge Fund granted the Development
Trust nearly £70,000 for an Allotment and Community Garden project, with part of that
amount allocated to this post.
The project involves the creation of a Community Garden next to the Primary School on Rousay,
as well as Allotments in Brinian, for residents of Johnstons Road and Pier Houses.
The funding covers an average of 15 hours per week (flexible seasonal working applies), at
a rate of £15 per hour, initially until 31 March 2011.
Roles of the job, includes:
- Establish a fully-accessible Community Garden (complete with fruit and vegetable plots
in raised borders, and a polytunnel)
- Provide support and advice on gardening, via 'interactive open days' for the: Community;
new Allotment Society; and Primary School pupils
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and experience of basic horticulture
- Experience of communicating effectively with people of all levels
- Keen to be involved in the development of our community
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Based on Rousay, Egilsay or Wyre
Health and Safety training will be provided to the successful applicant.
The deadline for applications is: 7 May 2010.
An Application Form and Job Description is available from email@example.com, or by
telephoning 01856 821420.
See the vacancy listed on the Development Trust's website,
See also: Funding granted for Allotments and Community Garden